fot

RE: Axle/Structure Question

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Axle/Structure Question
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:52:38 -0800
Try these guys for the best studs on earth! If they don't have it, they'll
make it.
http://www.arp-bolts.com/
Brad
62 TR4

<<Along those lines, could anybody relate experience regarding off the shelf
studs from suitable auto suppliers. The TR6 used 5/16" studs about 1.5
inches long - threaded 5/16-24. I need to go longer due to the fatter hub
carrier flange, and am only able to get fine thread inners and course
thread outers. My primary concern is the grading of the studs - is there a
marking for grade on studs?? I'm okay with the fine inner threads and the
course outer threads (although I'd prefer fine/fine). But really want
studs that are graded for automotive suspension applications (or
aircraft).>>