fot

RE: Assuming is dangerous

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Assuming is dangerous
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:33:58 -0800
I checked the TR4 and TR4A parts books and they each list a 3.7 and a 4.1
ring and pinion but no specific application for either, so they may indeed
have been interchangeable - OD or not.

I believe that 4.3 and 4.55 were competition options as well. And if I dig
deep in my parts bin, I think I have one set of each!

Hope this helps!

Brad
62 TR4 (will race again one day...)

My '60 TR3A didn't come with an O/D but it has one now. Like yours however,
it has a 3.7:1 (If you find more than one let me know)
I'm quite certain that all that I saw had 4.1:1 however, we may have ordered
them that way as several were raced or run in autocrosses.
My recollection was that 4.1's all had two paint splotches on the inspection
cover, one white and one green. and the 3.7's had only one paint spot if it
had one at all. We still jacked them up and marked the wheel & drive shaft
and counted turns if we had any doubts.