fot

John's TVR

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: John's TVR
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:07:50 -0600
I have received numerous replies to my "Killer TR-6" message and I see that I
am dealing with some very knowledgeable folks. So, here's the deal. My TVR2500
is running a stock block, crank, rods, pistons, flywheel, clutch and diff.
Also stock ignition. The previous owner has fitted a PAECO head (about which I
know nothing - nor does he since he bought it second-hand). As far as I know
nothing has been done to modify the valve train. I have a 260 degree cam,
headers and triple weber 40dcoe carbs.

The little car is quick, but no match for the porsches and z-cars. I am using
a personal redline of 5500-6000 rpm and it's pretty clear that getting any
dramatic performance increase is going to take a complete rebuild with some
very expensive parts. I could use some suggestions that would for now yield
modest performance improvements as well as increased reliability.

Several people mentioned "harmonics". I need some education here. What are
they? What causes them? At what point do they occur?

John Price
College Station