fot

seat

To: eisandiego@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: seat
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:30:20 +0000
I just went through the same decision-making on the seat question.

I saw no justification for paying $400 - $600 for the seats that look
really nice. Besides, they all seemed to be cloth covered and since I
tow on an open trailer that is not practical for me.

I looked at all the Kirkey models since this brand is listed in just
about every catalog I have. I found their website, and  -- wow -- they
have a seat for every application and price you can think of, with
covers in every color and fabric.

I wanted to stay away from the seats the vendors call "road racing"
since they all have big wrap-around wings that I find very
uncomfortable.

I ended up buying a drag racing seat with a black vinyl cover. It was
reasonably priced, I got a vinyl cover, it has the proper layback, it
does not have big wings, it has proper holes for belts, and the aluminum
frame is very well designed and made.

I am totally pleased with it.

See Kirkey's page at

kirkeyracing.com

--

uncle jack

Like I said, "Life isn't long enough for me to do another ground-up
restoration". Well, thank goodness, it is.