fot

Re: Archaeological dig unearths Kastner cams!!

To: racespit@netzero.com
Subject: Re: Archaeological dig unearths Kastner cams!!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:11:32 -0700 (MST)
Sounds like a nice find indeed!

Had a few finds of my own this weekend.  Finally got a look at Killer's
transmission.  At first I thought it was going to be easy, just a minor
problem with the linkage.  The nylon washer between the spring and the
steel cup at the bottom end of the shift lever was broken, and the pieces
were preventing the lever from going all the way into second and fourth.
A rebuild of the linkage, and a quick test drive.  There are internal
troubles with the gearbox, drat.  Oh well, guess I replace a gearbox some
night this week.

mjb.