fot

SYNCHRO RINGS

To: thefryes@iconn.net, CoffeyJack@bfusa.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: SYNCHRO RINGS
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:29:30 EDT
Egads!!!

I have never had a serious problem with transmission.....methinks because I
have been reusing old parts that seem to be up to spec and because I lead
extraordinarily charmed life. Some benefits derived from being "tight ass",
as described by some of friends....

There are threads popping up on big Triumph List, too.

Worth discussion.

<< As I understand it, a while back Charles (TRF) had a run of syncros made
up
 in Taiwan. I have one set of these in a box (works OK, not great, 5000
 miles) and one set on the shelf. The gearbox in my racecar was built with a
 rebuild kit from Rimmers in England. Very different syncros. Shifts like a
 dream. Thought that popping out of second was a problem until the fast guys
 pipe in that they hold their shifters in gear!

 I understand Moss sells the same ones that Rimmers has, never tried them.