fot

Lowering the front of a Spit

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lowering the front of a Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 19:59:43 -0700
Ok all you Spit Racers.  Spill your guts!!!!

I have been looking for some time at the front of Tiny Tim to see how I could
manage to lower it an inch or two.

I had previously cut a coil from a pair of GT6 springs and installed Spax
adjustable shocks.  I thought that would make the height just about right.
To my surprise, it sits exactly the same height as my street Spit.  :(

So I started checking around to see what else was available.  Talked to Ted S.
and his Carrera adjustable setu costs $225 per side.  Then I talked to
BPNW (where I bought my SPAX) and they said that SPAX has a front shock with
adjustable ride height.  Oh boy, thought I and took advantage of a
special deal (100 bucks each).

Today they came in and I installed them.  The lowest I can get the front is
exactly the same height it was.  But I can raise it about 2 inches.
:(      Not exactly what I had in mind.

So I ask, what are you guys doing to lower these cars in the front?  I suppose
that I can relocate the shock towers but that would require a lot more
work that I had in mind.   There has to be a simpler and less expensive way to
accomplish this.

All input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe (C)