fot

Re: Fuel Testing

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Testing
From: Bob Bownes <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:36:06 -0700
WEmery7451@aol.com wrote:

> I appreciate the responses on this subject:
>
> In a message dated 4/5/01 8:54:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lang@isis.mit.edu
> writes:
>
> <<  But the answer to your question is undoubtedly in your current copy of
> the GCR. >>
>
> I will definitely look.  This was one of my questions.  The Tech Inspector
> told me that none of this information was in the new GCR.

The testing specs are not in the GCR, but who runs what fuel is in
there.

> At the meeting, they were using chemical color testing and a table of
> "Electrolytes"? (Probable using the wrong word due to a lack of
> understanding).  The cars that use leaded racing gasoline need a reading of
> zero.  The rotary engines running on pump gasoline with a mixture of Marvel's
> Mystery Oil must be under the reading of 2.

There are a number of tests specified. The full details can be gotten
from Denver if you wish.

A list of relevant URLs:

Notes about testing at last years runoffs

http://www.scca.org/amateur/club_racing/newsletters/scrutineers.html

The standards as of 11/8/99 (I think they have changed slightly)

http://www.scca.org/news/bod_minutes/11-8-99.html