fot

aluminum hub survey 2

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: aluminum hub survey 2
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:56:10 +0000
Several weeksa go I surveyed the lists to find out how many people were
interested in purchasing aluminum hubs for the TR 2-3-4-150-6 cars.

The hubs design is complete and pilot parts have been made. They will go
into production in a couple
of weeks. The run quantity will be determined at the end of next week,
29 April.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING HUBS, PLEASE SEND ME A RETURN EMAIL
SO WE CAN DETERMINE THE RUN QUANTITY.

Included in the package will be:

two hubs
Studs in stalled -- your choice of sizes, all the same price
New inner and outer Timken bearings -- races installed
New inner seals
New outer hub caps

Both inner and outer bearings are larger in size, with about the same
number of rollers but the rollers are larger in diameter and length. The

bearings fit on your standard spindle with no spacers or additional work

needed.

Price:

The manufacturer was shooting for $200 per pair. That is still the cost
of the bare hubs. However, he found that the retail price of the studs,
bearings, and seals is $147. He will absorb $47 of that price.

Therefore, the price to you is $200 for the hubs, $100 for the
beraings, seals, and studs, and $10 shipping, for a total of $310 per
set.

Again, please respond by email by April 29 if you are still interested
-- this is a
non-binding response -- it is just to determine a run size.

If you would like a photo of these, state that in your email. I'm having
serious problems with addresses and transmission of the photo at this
time but hope to have that cleared up next week.

Again, I have no commercial interest in this venture -- I'm just trying
to give something back to the hobby I've enjoyed all my life.

--

uncle jack and New Blue