fot

Oil Temperatures

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Temperatures
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:56:25 +1000
Okay - I've followed with interest the discussions on where one should
measure oil temp, and took the easy option. I finally installed an oil
temperature gauge in the opening kindly provided in the sump in the BFE
finned aluminium sump!

So my question is - what sort of temperature should it be running at?
And at what temperature should I worry about it being too hot?

I'm using Mobil 1. Oil pressure in my races remains steady - only seeing
a minimal drop-off (not even 10 lbs) at equivalent rpm from start of
race to final lap.

Is there a "published" operating range for Mobil 1?