fot

Fuel question.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel question.
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:39:32 +0000
Greetings all,

By now I'm sure you have all noticed the increase in the price of gas.
The news media is reporting that one of the factors involved is the
higher cost of refining summer blends and in particular the addition of
MTBE which is produced from natural gas, which has been in short supply.

Here, in Denver, they require the addition of an oxygenate like MTBE or
ethanol in the winter months to minimize CO emissions. We do seem to be
getting ethanol here year 'round though.

The MTBE has disappeared from around here and I thought it had been
outlawed through out the US as it was found to be making its way into
ground water at a frightening rate. Now I hear that they are blaming
prices on it!

The question:
Have any of you out there been seeing MTBE added to the gas you have been
buying in your area?
I'm curious as to what parts of the country is still using it.

Thanks,
Bill
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!