fot

Re: 2002 mid ohio event/ recent survey.

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2002 mid ohio event/ recent survey.
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:25:09 EDT
Bob

    I unfortunately did not have the foresight (or space) to keep all of the
individual responses from the survey that was done earlier this year.
However, your opinion is consistent with my memory that the majority of
autocrossers wanted/needed to have more than 1/2 day for the event to justify
transporting their cars to Mid-Ohio.

    The first factor is having enough volunteers to help put the event
together. Please do not assume that Joe Alexander knows about your
willingness to help from the past survey. It takes a team to do a good
autocross.

    The second factor is whether we want to use the event to attract other
VTR members into autocross their Triumphs. If so, then we might want to
consider a day devoted to orientating these people.

    I started getting into racing through Porsche Club autocrossing. I think
that we could do a great service to the Marque (and the future of our own
racecars) by getting more people involved in autocrossing/racing Triumphs.

Cary