fot

Spitfire MkIV for sale cheap in Dallas area

To: fot@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire MkIV for sale cheap in Dallas area
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:09:38 -0500
Hi all!

A friend is selling his project Spitfire since he has to sell his house
and will have no garage, therefore no place to keep the car.  Here is
what he has to say about it:

"I'm selling the Spitfire if you know anyone who's interested. I have
half of the rebuilt engine (1500) put together, with new or used parts
to finish
it.  It's a 72' Mk4 with a 1300 engine in it, new ignition. Extras: 1500

transmission, bonnet, doors, 4 wheels, and deck lid. First $500 and a
trailer gets it all."

I talked with him about it and it needs floor board repair due to the
usual rust-through, the dash top needs replacing, the gas tank has a
leak, and the soft top is not good.  The seat webs are rusty but the
seats still slide back and forth on the runners.  The body is pretty
solid but someone put some crappy paint over the original off-white.  He
drove it with the 1300 engine until bad thrust washers killed it, then
started building the 1500 for it, so it was in driveable condition
then.  The shocks, u-joints and ignition are new.  He put a new
windshield in it with a new seal, but didn't know how to install it and
cracked it.  It comes with two good steering wheels.   He says he has
all the badges and the chrome.

If anyone is interested, please email me and I will give you his phone
number.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

NetZero Platinum