fot

Re: Road America

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road America
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:39:40 -0400
At 11:58 AM 5/21/2001 +0000, Jack W. Drews wrote:

>Father Dentinger -- his usual quiet, retiring self in the Tornado. He's
>sandbagging -- ran slower than he will when bug is gone from engine.

I could have sworn it was the 'ol Father Dentinger himself singing "Amazing
Grace" in the false grid for the feature... Yup, his usual quiet self!

>Henry Frye -- TR4 all the way from Connecticut - got down below 3
>minutes, First time on the track. No more advice for him.

The faucet of advice getting closed was noticed, trust me!

>Joe / Sean Alexander TR4 -- let's see -- where to start? Head gasket
>leaked and a four-headed eight-armed crew changed it in 1-1/2 hours.

T'was great fun. We could have had it done in 45 minutes, but wanting to
know why the solid gasket blew we found a low liner. Note to self, Super
Glue does not set real fast on hot liners.

>Rear brake shoe wore out -- "borrowed" one from a pristine
>spectator-owned TR6. Spent half of the Enduro sitting in the pits just
>having a good time -- went out in time for a checkered flag, ended up
>#12 overall.

Joe and Sean were turning lots of great laps in the Enduro, the result was
that worn out brake shoe. Anybody know whose pristine TR6 that was? The guy
was more than willing to lend a set of brake shoes. I suggested we try out
his Panasports with that great set of BF Goodrich Radial T/A's, but he drew
the line at the brakes... Funny, I can't blame him!

>yrs trly uncle jack in brand new New Blue -- couple of minor teething
>problems, traded fast laps with son Tony all weekend, old dad ended up
>with best time ever at this track, 2:54.2. It's better to have good luck
>than high skill.

Jack's 2:54.2 was earned, guys and gals. Talent preparing and driving. I
can't wait to see what times he will run once teething is complete.

New Blue is absolutely awesome, both in the paddock and on the track. uncle
jack did himself proud, and his car is a testament to what very hard work
and the relentless pursuit of perfection can obtain. I now know what my TR
is supposed to drive like. Boy, do I have some work to do! Thanks again!