fot

Re: Pocono

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Pocono
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:22:30 -0400
We ran V.I.R. a few weeks ago and noticed that we had about 3 or 4 ounces
of oily stuff in our crankcase overflow bottle after each 8 - 10 lap races
. I was wondering if some of this is normal , after hard running . I plan
on doing a leakdown and a compression check  this weekend . That should
tell something ,  our motor only has a couple races and i do not want to
play the old clothes pin & copper wire trick again if not really necessary
. have you tried   the leakdown and compression check on your car ? how
much fluid are you getting in the overflow bottle ? I also was told a story
by a fellow triumph tr racer that he was getting overflow in his vent
bottle , rebuilt his motor , went out to the next race and got the same
amount  again , so he just forgot about it .

 Pete