fot

Pocono

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pocono
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:32:58 -0400
After 5 years of fog and rain at Pocono in May, we finally had a nice
weekend.  Saturday was sunny and 70's, while Sunday was cool and
cloudy but dry :-)  I ran in the double race weekend with the Volvo
Historic Series.  Saturday, I started 2nd overall and finshed there
with a class victory.  A killer Volvo P1800 ran away and hid at the
start.  Sunday, I had a little rougher time with the cold track, since
I am running older tires.  I flat spotted one in turn 1 trying for a
fast lap in qualifying.  I Started the race 5th over all and finished
there after some dicing with some Volvo 122's and an Alfa, and again
had a class victory.  I got stuck also dicing with a Corvette that was
also killing a few mosquitoes, and oiling the track.  I would pass him
in the corners, only to be blown away by him in the straights.  I
almost had him at the finish line, but he had a few extra hundred
horsepower than me.
I am still having water in the oil problems, after having gone thru
the engine before this race.  The head is coming off again to see if I
missed something.  The puke can is overflowing with a milky oil/water
mix, but the oil in the pan is looking clean.  It looks like the oil
is getting hot enough in the race to vaporize the water and push it to
the puke can.  At least this time I have a month until my next race.
It should be enough time to get the engine back together, as well as
my rear axle rebuilt to replace the broken ring an pinion from NHIS.
Joe(B)

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!