fot

Re: SAD DAY

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SAD DAY
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:47:42 EDT
Really sad to hear this as we were just talking about Lee at the last Vintage
Race at Buttonwillow when someone suggested we invite him out next time. I
was lucky enough to have met Lee numerous times when he was doing TR7 engine
work for a friend who ran SCCA Solo II. I acquired the most exquisite TR6 two
piece header system from him which he said he ran in the 70's (?) with the
intent of someday running a turbo on my 6 and making great sounds .....as
well as power(??). One more project for my retirement list. It is safely
stored and aluminized so sure it will be in fine shape when I can get to it.

It is a work of art like everything that came from his hands. His exploits
and stories were always terrific  and he never threw us out as we overstayed
our reasonable welcome asking to hear more stories(Recall Keith?). I wouldn't
be so bold as to say I knew him, but on reflection I surely have to count
myself lucky to even have met him in his Triumph den so many times. If I can
find some of the pictures we took at his shop on occasion I will post one or
two to the FOT site. Will take some real digging I'm afraid.

Indeed a sad day. Thanks, Kas, for the note. Is there a site or current
address we can send our wishes to?

Bill Burroughs, #195 1965 TR4A
E Ticket Triumphs