fot

Re: Doors

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Doors
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@mail1.141.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:55:25 -0600
>Fellow Triumphers-
>My knowledge of Spits is more than a little lacking, so I pose
this
>question...How many different doors and/or interior door panels
did the early
>round tail Spits have.
>I know they all look the same, but so do TR3 doors, and there are
lots
>different styles of those...
>
>I just purchased a car that uses Spitfire doors and one is not
perfect, and
>neither have any panels, so the quest starts.
>

>Too many cars...so little space

Nick,

Basically each mk had different panels.  The mk1 had a unique lock
mechanism for the passenger door and had external rotating
handles.  The mk2 had a different lock mechanism which left out
the hole for the lock as used on the mk1 and had pushbutton
exterior door handles.  The mk3 panels I believe were even more
different and I "think" they had door pockets but I don't remember
for sure but the doors themselves would have been the same as a
mk2.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

What it amounts to is each spit door panel is unique to its mark
number.

Brad

PS, know what you mean about too many cars and not enough space..!