fot

Re: : Bushings]

To: Mordy Dunst <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: : Bushings]
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 17:29:13 -0600
Mordy Dunst wrote:

> I need to make bushings for my  car as well. I have urethane but, the
> durometer is too soft.  It's probably ok for street.  I rec. delrin.   You
> can log onto www.macmastercarr.com and search for delrin.  You can get just
> about whatever stock you need there.  They will ups it to you.

Mordy and all--look for Delrin AF (McMaster-Carr has it, or had a few
years ago). The AF indicates "Added Fluorocarbon," i.e., it's got some
Teflon in it, which should help with squeaks.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

`70 GT6+ (being refurbished, slowly)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (organ donor)
`72 GT6 Mk. III (daily driver)
`64 TR4 (awaiting intensive care)
`80 TR7 (3.8 liter Buick-powered)
`86 Nissan 300ZX (the minimal-maintenance road car)
`68 VW Type II Camper (Lancia twin-cam powered, but feeling its age....)

Remember:  Math and alcohol do not mix... do not drink and derive.