fot

Information sought re: racing Vitesses

To: bpfishin@ihug.co.nz, fot@autox.team.net, johnkipping@inet.net.nz
Subject: Information sought re: racing Vitesses
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:00:10 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/01 2:40:48 AM EDT, bpfishin@Ihug.co.nz writes:

> Hello Andrew,
>  My name is John Hill. I live in New Zealand,
>  I am building a  Triumph Vitesse into classic race car.
>  I would appreciate any information you have on the factory race team or
> private teams that raced the Vitesse ?
>  I am particularly interested in wether or not they competed with the 2.5
eng
> or a coupe body ?
>  I hope to hear from you soon
>  Yours
>  John Hill.

John, I'm afraid I have very little information for you. However, I am
copying an e-mail list called the "Friends of Triumph," comprised of many
Triumph owners who race, rallye and/or autocross their Triumphs or have a
close connection with any such activities. Included on this list are a few
folk that indeed have been closely involved in some way with racing Vitesses,
and hopefully one or several of them can provide more information. I'm also
copying John Kipping, who has more than a little experience with Vitesses and
other Herald-based cars, including a grueling "classic" rallye several years
ago in a Vitesse saloon.

--Andy
Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register