fot

Re: Leaking valve cover

To: Rob Dardano <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking valve cover
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:48:21 +0000
Rob Dardano wrote:

> I have not been able to stop oil from leaking on my Tr-6 valve  cover. I have
> resisted using permatex or other high tac product mainly to ensure a reusable
> gasket. At this point a reusable gasket is not a priority, I would just like
> to stop the oil , I am using Moss's   aluminum cover and a cork gasket,and I
> have torq. it down more than I dare. The motor is vented from the eliminated
> fuel pump with a 5/16 ID tube>I am concidering an after market vent but the
> ribs on top of the cover make the install a little complicated but will do it
> if ness.   thanks for the help    rob  brockton  ma.

The problem I had with the aluminum valve cover was that it was not flat on the
bottom -- as a new part. It was very poorly machined, if I can even call it
machined -- looked more like they held it against a belt sander. You can check
it
out by setting it down on a really flat surface like a pane of glass. Otherwize,
I glue the cork gasket to it using some gasket cement that sets up hard. I've
been using the same cork gasket for three years now.

--

uncle jack and New Blue