fot

Modifying TR3A Front Suspension

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Modifying TR3A Front Suspension
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:24:07 +1000
Under our racing rules, we are allowed to run up to 2 degrees of
negative camber. After reading accounts from earlier FOT questions, we
have unsucessfully attempted several mods (shortened upper control arm,
etc) but have been less than impressed with our results.  One problem is
clearance of the ball-joint bolt/nut and the top of the spring tower,
etc.

Yesterday we were looking hard at a TR6 front suspension that just
happened to be on the shelf. It would appear that we could use the upper
arms, vertical link and trunnion etc. We'd need to modify the TR3A lower
arm to accept the trunnion, but that looks to be pretty
straight-forward. It looks as though the 3A caliper plate would still
bolt up, etc. This would also appear to end up with a stronger overall
set-up.

Without going into any further details, maybe someone out there has
already "been there, done that" and has some advice/direction?