fot

aluminum hubs - last call

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: aluminum hubs - last call
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:56:45 +0000
I know I'm risking being 'commercial' on the list, but this really is a
safety issue.

Some time ago I posted a message for Southwick Machine and Design to
alert everyone to the availability of aluminum front hubs for
TR2-3-4-250-6. I followed that with correspondence with those who said
they were interested. This project grew out of my familiarity with
Southwick in developing the forged rear axle conversion for these cars.

Southwick produced one run of these hubs and they have all been sold
except for ten sets. Those are still available for sale. There is no
plan to make any more.

If you have been out of the loop on this subject, the purpose of this
project was to produce hubs that would eliminate occasional front hub
breakage without imposing any weight penalty. The hubs are supplied with
new larger-than-stock Timken bearings installed, studs of your choice
installed, new dust caps, and a modern lip seal for the inboard side.
The price is $310, shipping included. By comparison, aluminum hubs from
across the pond cost $400 a set, not including bearings, studs, and
shipping.

If you want to see a digital picture, send me a message. If you would
like to order direct, contact

Southwick Machine & Design, Inc.
P. O. Box 578
Colona, IL 61241

If you would like to talk with them, call Bob Southwick at 309-949-2868,
or FAX 309-949-2827

They accept all checks but no credit cards because they are not in the
retail business.

I have two long weekends on my set. They have far exceeded my
expectations.

Again, no profit on my part -- just trying to do something for the
sport.

--

uncle jack and New Blue