fot

Thunderhill and TR gearboxes

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Thunderhill and TR gearboxes
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:21:51 EDT
Greetings Amici,
Just got back from a fabulous weekend at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Northern
California.  What an awesome track!!  Weather was cool and lovely and the car
behaved beautifully.  I won all three races dueling with Rodenbush's Volvo.

The only issue of the weekend was a large oil leak from the TR gearbox.
There is clean oil over the entire thing so it is not evident where the leak
is from.  Is there a chronic weakness I don't know about or is this just
typical?  Do these have porous castings?  The mating surfaces seem leak free.
 I'm suspecting the shifter rods.  Anybody have any comments?

Thanx, Steve Smith