fot

Re: Kastner interview

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: Kastner interview
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:02:23 -0600
One of the"perks" of his new role was the loan of a Bentley R420 (from
the Bentley
Motor Car Corp.)  for several days.  I think only two hand built examples
have been manufactured. It has a 6.75 v/8 turbo with 450hp and 650ft lbs
of
torque.  I drove it and it makes my '67 327/ 365hp  'vette seem like a
slug...

In my teens, before I got my first Triumph, I had a 1964 Chevrolet Impala
SS with the 250 hp 327.  I was very selective about what I would drag
race. The only thing that beat me was a 1957 Bentley with its inline 6.
It did it with so little fuss or effort it was quite humbling.

Bill 1970 GT-6+
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!