fot

Re: Detroit Lockers vs Mr Good Torch

To: Catpusher@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Detroit Lockers vs Mr Good Torch
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:53:31
>So how else was I going to get to work or get the TR3 (my only car) to the
>track!  I did learn to check the rear street tires for stagger!  Bob
>Tullius
>tried to persuade me
>to go to a welded diff; I think that it might work well in a IRS car.  I
>often used the
>option to unlock the diff.

I suppose I should chime in here... I have had a Detroit Locker in the
Greenman (my 62 TR4) for over 10 years. I would have preferred a Salibury
dif or even a Quaiffe but they were and are still too expensive for this
lowly TR owner to afford.

I got the `Locker from Denny Wilson's dad. It came with the 4.1 rear and
diff case from his TR6 race car... I bought it at the same time I got an A
type OD (his racing back up unit). Over the yeras I have had no problems
from either unit. Since my TR4 is primarily a "street" car. I can truthfully
say that despite the odd clunks and lurches (which you get used to) I really
like the way it hooks up when you get the wheels loose.

If I could lay my hands on a Quaiffe cheaply today sure, I'd change. But for
now what I have is just fine.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)