fot

Re: possible virus "Hi, how are you?"

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: possible virus "Hi, how are you?"
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:37:59 -0500
I got that message asking for advice today, and my wife got the same thing
yesterday. Both times it came "from" names we did not recognize -- thank
goodness because if it had come from a recognized name I might have looked.
However, it was vague enough I think I may still have been suspicious. Glad
to see my suspicions were warranted. Blew it away.

Mike came from an "Ed Groelle" and the subject line was "02 February Large
Labels" as if it had something to do with office supplies. But then, I blow
off all that office supply spam anyway.  :-)   First line of the message was
"Hi, How are you?"

In re other posts, I've gotten Snow White at least a dozen times. I knew
about that one before it began working through the 'net so never opened it.
I did get bit by the Love Bug last year, which wiped out all my JPEG files.
I've no idea what message sent it to me. Symantec site had the fix.

--Rocky Entriken