fot

Re: BRIC report

To: grand_wazoo@flinet.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BRIC report
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:50:11 EDT
In a message dated 07/26/2001 12:11:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
grand_wazoo@flinet.com writes:

> I've been awaiting a report from the BRIC.  At least
> Beady-Eye Racing was no doubt in attendance.

Amici:

We were there in ALL OUR GLORY.  We did not go as fast as we would have liked
to, but we sure went as fast as we could.  Don Brick, Bob Wismer, and I were
in the back of Race Group TWO, which was full of fast Austin/Healys (both
FOURs and SIXs) Corvettes, Ferraris, Jaguar XKEs, and so on.  I got down to
3:04 in practice.  I was hoping to break 3:00 in the race, but a storm came
up.  Vertical Lightning...high winds, and rain.  Several tents went down.
The really fast TRIUMPHs included Kent Bain and Sean Ryan in Spitfires.  They
are impressive, as always.

The BRIC was...well...the BRIC.  Tons of people.  Tons of race cars.  You are
not encumbered with lots of track time.  And BOY WAS IT HOT!  Just sitting in
shorts and a Tee Shirt, sweat would roll down your face and burn your eyes.
And God forbid you had to do something, like change tires.  You'd melt.

The Chaparrals and Jim Hall were really special.  What a treat.

The BRIC, like MID-OHIO or MONTEREY, is a HAPPENING.  If the ruler you use to
judge it is comfort or total track time, you probably will not be totally
happy.  But if you like glitz, pomp and ceremony...well...you had a ball.

Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team held a wine and cheese party each
afternoon.  Don Brick brought award winning Bleu and Swiss cheese and
crackers, to go along with some great Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages red and
Beringer's Napa Valley Chardonay white.  These parties used to be well kept
secrets.  No more.  We went through twelve bottles of wine.  We're going
broke.

We'll be back next year!

Bill Dentinger

PS

Talking about fast Austin Healeys.  They must have come up with some tricks.
As a group, in the 1980s, I used to eat their lunch.  Now there are very few
I can catch any more.  You get behind the new 3000 George Olson is running,
and it looks eight feet wide.  It has GOT to have custom fenders to
accommodate a wider foot print.  I don't care to go any faster.  I'm going
fast enough for my tastes, but looks like there lies another trick.  Custom
fenders for a wider foot print.