fot

RE: TR4 Aluminum Flywheel Wanted

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, dos_gusanos@msn.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 Aluminum Flywheel Wanted
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:22:09 -0700
Peyote had a Tilton clutch, until I broke the flywheel bolts and fragged
it. Like you say, on-off switch. Don't have anyone in your line of sight
when you're looking for the friction point. It's stall or launch.

The cheater TR3 has the Cambridge Motorsports skinny steel one--very nice
piece and it uses the std TR4 clutch. Good stuff.

Peyote NOW has the one from the Jeep guy I couldn't remember. Very nice
part and it works really well. Uses the standard TR4 clutch and he also
makes a very trick ceramic and Kevlar clutch plate. I couldn't use my cool
little clutch plate 'cause I didn't realize my trans doesn't have a TR3/4
input shaft. Duh. Meister Catpusher used some of his tricks when he built
it.

What is that, Hardy, a TR6 shaft?