fot

No LBC content -- for Eagles fans

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: No LBC content -- for Eagles fans
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:50:40 -0500
Hi all!

I just wanted to share what a great experience Brad and I had Saturday
night!  Saturday was the opening date of the new American Airlines arena
in Dallas, and the opening event was the Eagles!  It was originally the
only N.A. date, but they are now playing Denver August 11, I believe.

I won VIP tickets and parking on a local radio station the day before
the event on a scavenger hunt contest, and the seats were AWESOME!  I
could have hit Don Henley with a baseball, and I even throw like a
girl.  We got there early and sat and watched everything unfold before
the show.  The seats were so good, that is where the muckety-mucks were
sitting -- Mark Cuban (owner of the Mavericks basketball team and
founder of Broadcast.com) was running around us saying hi to folks, the
band manager for Aerosmith was sitting right across from us (he looks
just like John Lennon in his long-hair phase), various media reporters,
developers and councilpeople sat around us, and Mayor Ron Kirk sat right
down the aisle with his wife.  (He's a great guy -- I was chatting on my
cell phone with my mom at intermission and he stepped out into the
aisle.  Me being me, I said, "Mom - it's the mayor" and ran down and
said hi to him and asked him to talk to my mom on the phone.  He takes
the phone and says, "Hi Mom!" and had quite a nice conversation with
her.  What a guy!)

The band was excellent.  Bear in mind they have been a band now for 30
years and are starting (?) to show their age, so there was no leaping
off amp stacks or anything (not that there was to begin with).  Their
sound was great in the huge arena and they played all the old favorites
and solos from several of the members.  Joe Walsh was his usual hammy
self and had a lot of fun.

The best part was when they came onstage for the second encore (Rocky
Mountain Way) wearing hard hats, even the horn section!  (They were a
little taken aback to arrive at the arena Friday for the scope-out to
find it was still VERY under construction, with huge piles of stuff
everywhere, but it really shaped up for Saturday night.  One of them
reportedly said, "Don't they realize they've got a gig in here tomorrow
night?!?"  So the hard hats were their way of poking fun at the
situation, and it went over GREAT!)  They played three encores and
headed off, closing the show with "Desperado."

We headed right out the door after the final encore, got to our car, and
got out of the area in under 10 minutes.  They have done a bang-up job
of designing the access to and from the place.  And it was neat being
probably the very first people to have ever sat in our seats!  The arena
is great.  It seats 20,021 people and is now home to the Dallas Stars
and the Dallas Mavericks.

So if you are a huge Eagles fan, you might want to consider the Denver
venue, unless it is sold out.  People here were selling tickets on eBay
up until the last minute, so that is always a possibility.

Just FYI!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)