fot

Greatrace on History Channel

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Greatrace on History Channel
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:09:02 EDT
HISTORY CHANNEL SPECIAL PRESENTATION.
"The Oldest Autos on the Road"
Saturday , August 04 10:00 PM-11:00 PM

"Most folks think of them as museum relics. But to a special group of
people, the earliest motorcars are an integral part of their lives and they
love the challenge of using them as often as possible. We begin at the Great
Race, the yearly cross-country event that draws hundreds of participants and
thousands of spectators. We also trek to England in search of  the auto's
origins. At the end of the journey, we see that the reasons for owning and
driving early cars are as diverse as the owners themselves." TV G

The three air dates are:
*    Saturday , August 04 10:00 PM-11:00 PM
*    Sunday , August 05 2:00 AM-3:00 AM
*    Sunday , August 12 9:00 AM-10:00 AM

Great coverage, huh? And what's this about 'searching for the autos origins'
in England? Wasn't Daimler, Benz, Winton, et. al. in there someplace? Sounds
ominous....

And we're proud to announce that Moss Motors and British Car Magazine will be
sponsoring Team Scrappy in the 2002 Great Race!

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Moss Motors Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3
britpac@aol.com