fot

Re: Greatrace on History Channel

To: BRITPAC@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Greatrace on History Channel
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:28:59 EDT
In a message dated 07/31/2001 2:22:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
BRITPAC@aol.com writes:

> Great coverage, huh? And what's this about 'searching for the autos origins'
> in England? Wasn't Daimler, Benz, Winton, et. al. in there someplace? Sounds
> ominous....

There are even those that argue that the first successful motor car was built
in a small bicycle  shop on Milwaukee's near south side.  I don't know if it
is still there, but I remember seeing a little storefront with a plaque to
that effect, when I was a kid.  It will be interesting to see if that legend
is mentioned in this documentary.

Bill Dentinger