fot

RE: flywheel "runout"

To: "'Mordy Dunst'" <gasket.works@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: flywheel "runout"
From: Russ Moore <rem@CBORD.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:16:25 -0400
I have always used "aircraft " grade fasteners for that application and
would never recommend anyone use less than a Grade 8 at the minimum. Also,
fasteners should be replaced each time they're removed. I have seen some
stretch of stock flywheel fasteners when tearing a stock engine down. That
is hardly a location you want imbalance or flexing at speed. Small
additional investment insures you don't lose a foot! (I am one of the anal
ones who does check runout of the flywheel on assembly. When it spins at 8K
I appreciate the balance!)

Russ Moore