fot

Re: More TR4's at Sebring circa 1963

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: More TR4's at Sebring circa 1963
From: "????L ??" <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:25:45 -0400
Triumph At Sebring was shot for Standard-Triumph Motor Company Inc. and was
one of a number of films made over here by the company in addition to the Euro
rally films made by the factory film unit. I was the company producer on the
film. It has a unique early special effect - it begins with black and white
credits and the initial pictures show the drivers lined up ready for the Le
Mans start - the picture dissolves into color as the drivers run across the
track - very advanced work for a 1963 industrial film.

If Speedvision had footage from it, they would only have gotten it from a
print because the negative and master disappeared long ago. I don't have one
but there might even be a copy in the Jaguar North American Archives - I'll
check it out.

Mike Cook