fot

HP

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: HP
From: "RIVERSIDE SPORTS CARS" <RIVERSIDE@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: (No, or invalid, date.)
All this horsepressure talk brings back some memories.  Bill
Boemler of ST. Louis had a very strong TR3 in the early '70's
late 60's.  I believe he held the production car record at Mid
American Raceway for about a year with it.  I personally witnessed
a fine racelong battle he had with a very strong Bp corvette at a
regional there.   He drove my TR3 ( i needed someone to give me
a clue how to drive it!) and said I was about 25 horse short of him.
Well, I figured I was making about 130-5 at the clutch at the time.
Who knows for sure?  You can get a very close number at the clutch with
the following formula.   This requires a real 1/4 mile dragstrip or a
an illegal one you can test on.   all up weight  times trap speed cubed
                                                       divided by 12,100,000

eg:   2800 lb car w/ 200lb driver does 100mph at the end of the 1/4
          this should come out to about 248 SAE net at  the clutch.
art de armond