fot

Re: Insurance

To: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>, <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:10:12 -0400
David wrote:
> Subject: Re: Insurance
>
> Bill
>         I'm most concerned about losing My car in transit.  I have known
of
> racers that have had bad accidents on the interstate and lost BIG TIME
> because the only thing that was covered was the trailer.
>         I'm loading the car tonight for the Nat. at Mid/O this weekend. If
> turn my car into tin foil on the track, so be it.  I don't want to be
taken
> out by a Dodge Carivan.  Do you think that Parish would cover the car and
> contents in transit, or in storage during the off season?
>                         David Wingett
>                         TR6   EP

David.. I just paid my bill to Parish today for "transit and paddock"
insurance. It covers, and I quote,

"...coverage under this policy applies only while the schedule vehicle is in
storage, while being transported in or on another vehicle or trailer and
while it is in that secured area at the racetrack or car show generally
referred to as a paddock."

So the answer to your question is "yes", you can get coverage to and from
the race and while you're in the paddock.  I believe there's a $250 yearly
minimum, but if the cars aren't worth much, you can get several covered for
that (at least 4 that I know of).

Cheers,
Don