fot

RE: Hello

To: Mike Rose <lytspeed@wcnet.org>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hello
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:29:06 -0700
Brake proportioning is legal in most organizations, but you'd be better
off setting up a balance bar with dual cylinders. Depending on your
fabrication skills, you'll find it fairly easy to expand the stock MC box
to hold two Girling or Wildwood units (wlidwoods are a bolt-in girling
replacement). Wildwood makes a weld-in balance bar bit that makes the fab
fairly straightforward. While you're at it, make the brake and clutch
pedals height-adjustable so you can set up for comfortable heel-and-toe,
and add a dead pedal to brace yourself so you can do that little dance
accurately. I find the trickiest thing is to keep even brake pressure
while I'm blipping the throttle--the only way you have a hope of being
smooth at that is by being well belted in, having good adjustment of all
the pedal heights, and having a dead pedal when you're off the clutch.

I'm going to find my blueprint for the front suspension of the Cheater TR3
and send it to the list ASAP. A couple of folks have asked if I'm
interested in building the bits for sale. The answer is no, but I'm glad
to share the information. The mods work amazingly well in any venue that
you can get away with such radical changes.

Bill