fot

Re: Aluminum (Performance Improvement verses Dollar)

To: BillB@bnj.com, vinttr4@geneseo.net, Rosspemlee@aol.com
Subject: Re: Aluminum (Performance Improvement verses Dollar)
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:01:11 EDT
       Bill, sounds like you have been done this path even further...so what
the cost of a complete aluminum body with Ti frame?

       Someone once told me that in terms of performance, ten pounds of
weight loss was about equvalent to adding 1 horsepower. (True ???) How much
hp equivalent are we talking about here in weight savings? What does that
translate to in terms of $/hp ?

       If one spends $10,000 on a high performance engine which lasts a
season, how does that investment compare to a racecar body that could last
for decades. And as is apparent, squeezing more and more horsepower out of
these cars engines becomes increasing more $$/hp gained as one seeks to get
better and better performance.

Cary