fot

Re: Aluminum (Performance Improvement verses Dollar)

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>, <BillB@bnj.com>, <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: Re: Aluminum (Performance Improvement verses Dollar)
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:52:43 -0700
After the initial expense ( no small sum) the upkeep and normal repairs are
much more difficult for a home user and a lot more expensive at a
professional shop. This also discounting the problems with painting aluminum
or shall we say, keeping it painted. Then of course there is always the
worry of the technical people of the various organizations getting wise or
not accepting you at all. Put your extra money into tires, suspension
testing and driving lessons or honest hard working test sessions. It's a lot
easier to get another second out of an amateur driver than out of an engine
and whole BUNCH cheaper.
Kas Kastner