fot

Tuesday

To: "Maria" <mstew78819@aol.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Tuesday
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:53:43 -0500
I'm OK. I was in Houston about to leave for Monterrey Mexico when the poop hit
the fan in New York. Houston Intercontinental was completely shut down in less
than 30 minutes. Picture 150 pilots standing in an airport bar watching
television. We are grounded until at least tomorrow. Even then I don't know if
we will be operating any international flights. I was supposed to go to San
Salvador tomorrow, but the idea of exposing myself to the "security"
arrangements in Mexico and Central America makes me real nervous. Hell, in
Columbia our crews have an armed escort to the hotel!

I've lost friends in crashes, dealt with it, and gone on with my life. And TV
news almost makes you immune to other people's tragedies. But this has greatly
shocked and upset me. The implications for our society are far-reaching.
Americans may not change their way of life, but we will never be the same as
we were.

John Price