fot

Star-Spangled Banner

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Star-Spangled Banner
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:52:42 -0700
Leon and FOT...

When my father died suddenly and without warning, years ago, it was incredibly
hard to bring myself to cry.   I don't know what it is that does this to a man.
However, while going through his things, I found a letter he had kept from a
past
employee, that wrote to him about what a wonderful employer he had been and how
much of an impact working for him had been.  This broke me up, the floodgates
opened,  and I finally truly cried for my father.  Subsequently, as personal
e-mails poured in from the Triumph newsgroup, sharing the stories of the losses
of their own fathers, and as I faced people, at the funeral and beyond, sharing
with me their own stories of my father, it was all I could do to try to hold
back
the tears as to not make a scene.

When I read your last e-mail letting us know how Britain was reacting to this
horrendous attack upon my country, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I The wall within me broke over this catastrophe and the tears finally flowed.
Since then, when I hear on TV and the radio, some of the individual stories of
lost love ones and particularly when I see repeats of the Changing of the Guard
ceremony at Buckingham Palace... playing, for the first time, the Star Spangled
Banner...  all I can do is try to hold back the tears.

Thank you for your posts, Leon, and thank you to your Queen for that incredible
gesture and to the people of the UK for all their support...

--Justin Wagner
Pasadena, California
USA