fot

Re: Brakes

To: Malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:06:25 -0600 (MDT)
I've had a set of Hawk "Blackhawk" pads on the Killer Spit for some
years.  Autocross use is hardly a torture test of brake systems, but
the pads have held up well for the couple of weekends of road racing
with IVR out at Wendover.  Good stopping power both hot and cold, no
undue wear on the rotors evident, and I've still got enough pad left
to get me through the rest of the season, Oct 5/6 and Oct. 26/27, here
in Utah.

Over the winter I hope to get some GT6 brake hardware on the red racer,
among a host of other details, so I'll probably be thinking more about pad
compounds then.  At the moment, I will most likely try the Kevlar compound
that Ted S. tries to get me to buy at every VTR!

mjb.