fot

New list member

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: New list member
From: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:32:05 +0300
Greetings from Finland!

Some time ago Jim Hill wrote to me about this list and kindly arranged
me to get a member of it. I have now got the messages couple of weeks
and decided to introduce me. I guess that some of the Spitfire
enthusisast may know me already though...

I race a Spitfire in the Finnish Historic Racing series where the cars
must follow the FIA Appendix K rules. Touring and GT cars race togerher
and I my car runs in the up to 1300cc class where my toughest
competitors are Fiat Abarth 1000 Berlina Corsas.

This year my racing season got an unfortunate premature end, because my
car lost its rear wheel again (3rd time...). The car suffered such
damage that it'll take until next season to get it running again. This
time it was halfshaft's turn to break and I'm very keen to know if
someone has a proper solution for this constant problem. Just changing
the material doesn't seem to work...

Regards
Jari Tabell
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell/