fot

Re: soft mounts for SU's

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: soft mounts for SU's
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 17:50:58 EDT
Bob, and FOT list:  make your own soft-mounts.  Machine a piece of aluminum
the same thickness and size as the fiber spacer that is stock on the cars.
Machine a half-depth circle on one side to take a 2" O-ring.  Put longer
studs on the carb mounts and use a stiff spring (I used cut down overdrive
springs).  Merely clamp the new spacer/O-ring between the carb and manifold.
Works like a  charm.  Completely cured that problem for me years ago.

Can't claim credit, either.  Saw it on Hardy Prentice's car at the Run-offs
at Mid Ohio a few years back.

John Harkness