fot

Re: Yoko A008rsII's ??

To: Roberttten@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yoko A008rsII's ??
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:46:54 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/01 8:47:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Roberttten@aol.com writes:

> Amici-
> My question is there any one who has had any business dealings, or know of
> someone who has, with the company "American International Motorsports"
> located in Sonoma, CA ??  They are listing, in the SCCA magazine, Yokohama
> A008RSII tires for sale.  This along with radial and bias ply slicks and
> they
> sell Toyo Proxes.

<snip>

AIM is a company at Sears Point Raceway. They indeed will sell A008 tires,
but only in 13" as they are still being made for a tire specific class.
AFAIK, these are the only A008 tires available as I have talked to several
suppliers, checked warehouses and even called Yohohama. No dice, no tires, no
interest in making more.
For those of us on 15" wheels, our tire choices are very limited and here on
the West Coast, tire legality seems to be stricter than some of the East
Coast clubs. West Coasters are limited to 60 series tires which negates
several choices. Goodyear 5.50's are ok but the Duke ( TR4A) used up a set of
those by Sunday's race (had to put fresh ones on for the rest of the
day...and yes they were new on Saturday Morning!) The only Hoosier is the
5.50 Vintage TD which will be the next tire on the Duke. Don't have any idea
how long those will last. Dunlops are the only other option , but several
racers have had negative remarks about them. The outlook for competitive
rubber is rather grim.
So, let us all know if you find a bonanza of Yoko's somewhere...

If racing was easy, it wouldn't be fun...
        Nick in Nor Cal