fot

Re: TR 4 NEGATIVE CAMBER

To: Jim Elbe <JElbe@superflow.com>
Subject: Re: TR 4 NEGATIVE CAMBER
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:00:22 -0700
I just skimmed through research materials and found the following.  (Some
doesn't apply to your specific request, but it still might be of interest to
others.)
--Justin Wagner

"To reduce the positive camber you will need to make up new pivort plates for
the bottom wishbone of the suspension....For each degree of positive camber
reduction required, move the pivot bolt hole in the plate 0.170" outwards"
Tuning Standard Triumphs by David Vizard

"The front end would benefit form being able to adjust the camber, which can be
accomplished by installing the lower control arms and brackets from the later
TR 6 and welding them onto the TR3 frame at the same mounting points as the
stock A-arms."  "If that modification is too avant garde, then Day suggests the
method racers in the 1950's and 1960's used to adjust the camber.  'The old way
that we used to do it was heat the vertical link and eat with a hammer until we
got our camber where we wanted and then let it cool,' he says."  Vintage Racing
British Sports Cars by Tery Jackson

A handy note for TR 4A owners...
"A good way to get 1/4 degree more negative camber it to reverse the upper
fulcrum shaft, on which the upper A-arms mount, as it is offset. This shaft
usually rides with its bulging part to the outside.  Reverse it so the bulge is
inside and you'll increase negative camber" Grassroots Motorsports article by
Tim Suddard