fot

alloy GT6 brake drums

To: fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: alloy GT6 brake drums
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:15:43 EDT
FOT'ers

I just read the email that I sent to the list yesterday,

What a mess!

I don't really know why it came out like that, but it was so garbled that
I am now sending the details again in this properly constructed message!

Steve Phillips, an accomplished engineer friend of mine, with a penchant for
Triumphs over many years is in the process of commissioning the production of
a short run of Alloy Brake Drums specifically for the GT6/Vitesse models.

After a quote of a ridiculous price, and subsequent shopping around,
he has managed to get the final price down to around 50% of the initial quote.

The limited details that I have from him so far are:

Finned, alloy brake drums with iron liners integrally cast will be
approximately GBP 275 pair inc.. VAT, infinitely better than GBP 245 each
plus VAT. (earlier quoted by another company) I need ten confirmed orders to
proceed. Please confirm if you are still interested and pass on to others who
might be interested.

According to my calculations, price should  be 275 GBP less 17.5% VAT, (not
payable when exported to USA), equals 234 GBP x 1.40
equals 328 USD plus postage and packing, and any import duty charged by US
Customs.

Anyone interested may contact Steve directly at his email address:

Sf.Phillips@btinternet.com (Stephen Phillips)

I hope that makes more sense!

I have NFI.

Best Wishes

Leon

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.