fot

Re: Weber Jets - Clarification of Question

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber Jets - Clarification of Question
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:19:48 -0700
If there were no performance advantages to alternate carburetors, the
1.5" Strombergs or SUs would be the choice for SCCA EP as you can run the
lightest weight. The last time I checked SCCA listed a higher weight if
you use 1.75" carbs and higher yet if Weber equipped. They take car
weight as raced seriously, most vintage groups don't.

Bill  70 GT-6+

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:36:39 EST EISANDIEGO@aol.com writes:
> Good Morning Rob
>
>        SCCA, as far as i know, is doing nothing new with the EP
> carbs. It has
> put restrictions on the Weber carbs that limit their performance. My
> only
> point was that SCCA did not put restrictions on the other carbs and
> Kas has
> stated that he was able to produce about the same hp with the other
> carbs as
> he did with nonrestricted Webers. So my I question is whether Webers
> are the
> best choice for EP class ?
>
> Cary

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!