fot

Re: Weber Jets - Clarification of Question

To: wgrosenbach@juno.com, EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber Jets - Clarification of Question
From: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:50:04
Yes there is a 200 pound penalty for running Webers on the Gt-6. I am sure
once I get a couple of years under my belt and get the car doing what I want
I will start a protest. It is very clear that old British cars are way
outclassed in E-prod. To put the restrictions on the Chokes and pay a weight
penalty for better equipment is just a crime. In reality no amount of money
or engineering will make a Gt-6 or Tr-6 as fast as the modern Honda and
Rx-7's in E-Production. The SCCA is funny about how they class and restrict
cars. Also to lump the poor MG-B's in with Triumphs must really be sad.
The only reason I am going with the Webers is the reliabitly. I have had to
many issues with the Strombergs and SU's in Autocross to believe that they
can work better on the real track.