fot

Re: Chevy Envoy

To: "Ronald B. Cressey" <rbc_restoration@netzero.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chevy Envoy
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:02:55 -0600
FYI,
About those reviews on the chevy Envoy. I read one in Autoweek and had to
chuckle as they praised the 6.0 L engine and then reported it gets 11-12 MPG
overall. I have a 4 month old 6.0 L Chevy 1500 HD with the 3.73 rear. It 's
been back to the dealer because it has a cold start knock (piston slap) and
the variable timing allows it to ping most of the time. The dealer gave me a
copy of a GM memo stating that they have no solutions at this time for the
knock and advises the dealers that GM will not replace the engine. As for
MPG, I'm getting almost 12. The guys with the same truck, with either the
smaller or bigger V8 are getting better than 15 mpg, and no engine problems.
Avoid the 6.0!

Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net